Christmas Cards from Leftovers - Kaisercraft "Letters to Santa"



Welcome back!

Today I am showing you some real easy cards to make with leftover paper from other projects. For those that live here in Victoria, BC and attend classes at Scrapbook Essentials BC, you will be particularly interested in this post. If you take the Kaisercraft "Letters to Santa" Sampler Triptych class, you will have some beautiful paper left to create what ever you like. If you want to make some quick and easy cards with that paper, then this post is for you!

The photo I took of all the cards together was no good enough to use in a post, but I was too lazy to take another photo. But, I think the individual photos will be just fine for you.

For this first card you see, I used the wood slats as a mat, and a piece of the holly paper as the background. Then from the sheet that has all the large poinsettias and roses, I fussy cut one out and trimmed it to fit over the 4" x 5 1/4" holly paper, and popped it up with from tape.


The sentiment is stamped onto the black strip with Versamark and heat embossed in white. I love how striking a tiny sentiment can look on black like this!

Next I used my Clear Wink of Stella on all the berries, and when try added Glossy Accents over top.

This next card is the easiest of all four! A Red Brick card stock mat and the image cut to size right from the paper! I then stamped in red, my sentiment on a white narrow strip and popped it up! That's it! Real easy, and very mailable!


If you wanted to the some Gold Liquid Pearls to all the gold balls of the garland, that would be a lovely added touch. I did not this time, because I was in a real hurry the day I made these, but I still might when I go to use them.

I am a little partial to this next card because it brings out the little girl in me as well as fond memories of all the German Christmas traditions we used to do as I grew up. The image is very European and makes me think of St. Nicholas Day!

Again, I used the wood planking as a mat for the music paper this time. I fussy cut this image from one of the sheets of paper and cut it to size with straight edges where needed, and popped it up with foam tape.


I used Clear Wink of Stella on his white hair and beard to make it shimmer. Once again, I did the sentiment with white heat embossing on a narrow strip of black, and popped it up with foam tape.

Next, and last, another card similar to the first one. It just has a different rose form the paper, and has no straight sides/edges. It is popped up and the sentiment strip is popped up over the rose.


So there you have some real simple, easy, and lovely Christmas cards.

Be sure to check in again tomorrow. I created some real cute cards for my grandchildren and for those of us that are still young at heart (because I like cute things too).








No comments: