Easter Card #2 - Sweet Sentiments

My 2nd Easter card is made! At this pace I think I'd better get a move on with these cards!!! If you missed seeing my first Easter card in the previous post, you can scroll down or click here.


I used a lot of Tim Holtz Vintage Photo on this card for a couple of reasons. One, I wanted to darken the brown paper (Spring Has Sprung) from Sweet Sentiments; the one with the text all over it, and two, the person I have in mind for this card will appreciate the effort of the 'Vintage' inking. The tag I punched out of the paper and after inking it with Vintage Photo, I had to use my white gel pen to trace the words and make them stand out and readable.

If you haven't heard of "ButterBee Scraps" for metal embellishments you have to check out Monique's store on Zibbet. She has such wonderful stuff! The metal embellishment that I used for this card was actually a large square filigree that I was easily able to cut into four using my scissors.

Again this is a very dimensional card with all the layers. You can see all the layers in these following photos. And again, I had to fussy cut! I just love using the paper; what can I say? First, is a side view form the left...


...side view from the right...


...from the bottom of the card...


...and a view of the top...



So there, you have seen my 2nd Easter card for this year. I think I forgot to mention that these cards are 5 1/2" square. Did you notice that I didn't ink the fussy cut flowers? I think you can see it more in these photos than you can real life.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Hugs, and Happy papercrafting!



2 comments:

Brenda L. said...

Beautiful! I've been browsing your blog and you are one talented lady! Just became your newest follower.

Sabrina said...

So sweet of you to say Brenda, and welcome! Hugs, and have a great day.