Snowflake Wreath - Color Combo for CCC #46

Sorry I didn't get this posted this morning at the start of the new challenge. I've had a very busy couple of weeks and taught two classes yesterday, had to get off early to church this morning, and celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with my parents the rest of the day even though it really isn't till tomorrow. I have work to do tomorrow so we celebrated it today. So here it is nearly the end of the day!

My first thought and idea for this week's Pink, Brown & White Christmas Card Challenge was something very different from what I decided to make in the end. I was going to go soft with mostly white and a bit of pink with a very little touch of brown. Then I thought, "Why not try something different for a change? Go outside your comfort zone Sabrina." So I did, and went with a very dark brown and a deep and bright pink, with touches of a lighter pink, and white of course.


Starting with a white pencil crayon  made my faux stitched border. Then taking some older cling stamps I stamped them in white all over the brown. Next, I die cut and punched out some snowflakes in the deeper bright pink, in softer light pink, and in white.

I then put some of them through my 1 1/2" Xyron sticker maker and pulled out some light pink, deeper bright pink, and some white Chrystal glitter. I applied these to some of the snowflakes leaving some without glitter. The next step was to pop up and create a wreath using some of those snowflakes.


I think that next time I do this, I would use fewer snowflakes so that you could more easily see the individual snowflakes, rather than bunching them up so tightly.

Here are some other views of the card.




Check out what the rest of the design team created for a Christmas card using the challenge colours of Pink, Brown & White.


Alanna -  DT coordinator 
Sabrina - That's me!
Sparkle-- Owner
And why not take a peek at some of the entries too at Christmas Card Challenges!
Thank you for stopping by today.
 

1 comment:

Marie Bingaman said...

I love this wreath just the way it is!! Spectacular! :)