Best Wishes For A Friend

This is a card I made last week for a friend. Surprise! It's not for a class or DT challenge submission! Though I must say it was inspired by a class I was working on earlier.... the chalkboard cards. My friend loves black, so I thought I might try a chalkboard card with pink ribbon. She also like big bows.


In this next photo you can see, from the side, that the "Best Wishes" is a separate piece with some white embossed flourishes under it on the black card base itself. I made two 3/4" x 1/8" slits with my ruler and craft knife to pull the 1 1/2" ribbon through.


The stamp I used is Inkadinkado Framed Expressions cling and a set of flourishes from an old set I no longer know from where it came. All in all a pretty easy card to make.

Have you tried chalkboard cards?

Thank you for stopping by today! Happy papercrafting!




1 comment:

Inkyfingers said...

Oh this is so pretty Sabrina and I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for the tip on how to add the ribbon - your bow is fantastic.