Snowflakes! Christmas Card Challenge #34 DT

It seems Christmas cards are a big part of my life right now. Thursday I had two back to back Christmas card classes! That was 24 kits I had to make with four very detailed cards requiring die cutting galore, and more. And now it is time again for the weekly Christmas Card Challenge design team to post. Luckily that requires only one card.

Christmas Card Challenge #34 is about Snowflakes, if you haven't already guessed. Of course you can still enter the challenge even if you don't use snowflakes, as long as it is a Christmas card.

Here is my DT design using snowflakes.


For this card I used Spellbinder's Snowflake Medallion from 2010 and embossed the die from the back of the cardstock using both the large and small snowflake. I then went over the embossed lines of the snowflakes with Star Dust Stickles. I then die cut two of the smaller snowflakes covering them with Star Dust Stickles as well. Punching out some Martha Stewart Alpine snowflakes, I placed them in the center of the large embossed snowflake, the two small die cuts, and one out on it's own.


You can see in this close up that I scored a double frame in the Bazzill Jawbreaker Card Shoppe cardstock. Yes, I deliberately stamped the sentiment very low on the bottom edge of the white because I knew that I wanted to place snowflakes that would be closer to the bottom than usual. When cutting the organza ribbon, it fell over the stamped area and that made me wonder about placing the ribbon over the text of the sentiment, rather than above it as I had planned. I liked the look of the shear glittery organza muting the text a little and creating an interesting look, so I went ahead and did it.

This next photo shows the card from the side so that you can better see the layers.


Thank you for checking out my Christmas Card Challenge #34 DT inspirational submission. Be sure to check out the other DT members card for this challenge.

Alanna -  DT coordinator 

















Sabrina - That's me!


Sparkle-- Owner 
Have fun making your Christmas cards! See you next week for challenge #35.

4 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

The white on white is so elegant!

Heather said...

Too beautiful. I had to check out the details of how you made this card. I'm beginning to use a lot of my dies as embossing tools and I really love the snowflakes being used that way. Gorgeous

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Sabrina. I love the die embossing effect and colours you used.

Marie Bingaman said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love it!! :)