Lighthouse in a Clock!

- a Father's Day project for a June class

This is a real fun project to make for a fun gift for a special man, and ideal for Father's Day. You've heard of a ship in a bottle, right. Well, when I saw Tim Holtz's new clock, I thought lighthouse in a clock! Don't ask me how that thought came to be, it was just there. So this is the end result.


White capped waves in layers with a lighthouse silhouette laser cut from black chipboard. Because of the shape of the clock, as you get closer to the front glass, the circle narrows a bit. So, I had to make different sized circles for every two layers. I cut  total of three layers using the top and bottom of each circle to create six layers of waves. Each wave sequence I drew is different.

Before I tell you more, why don't you have a look at some of the photos.





The anchor and ship's wheel are also laser cut from black chipboard, but I then heat embossed them on both sides with silver.


Now, let's take the back off and show you more.


To get the whitecaps I used my little Studio gesso bottle and gently squeezed out a little and in small circular motions while spreading it around. You can just barely see the shine reflected from the Glossy Accents that I applied in the same way.

Here you can better see the layering.




I tried to load the short video for you to view, but for some reason it's not working today. So I'm trying to link you to YouTube so that you can view it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPHZP7lqknk
Hopefully this will work.

Thank you for stopping by to have a look. Happy papercrafting everyone!