Happy Holidays

It's been forever since I last posted! I got an instructor position at a local technological institute this past Fall and got super-busy mid-semester. I hope to get crafty over the holidays!

A quick card to use up a "happy" scrap:


After heat embossing the HOLIDAYS in clear, I stamped a flourish in Bundled Sage, spritzed on some English Ivy and Silver Glimmer Mist and popped on the "happy."

I'm working like mad to mass-produce some Christmas cards. The kids are helping out!  ;)


Thanks for visiting!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
  • Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Holiday, Fancy Flourishes, Pretty Peonies
  • Ink: Bundled Sage Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger), Versamark (Tsukineko), Pure Poppy
  • Dies: Pretty Peonies
  • Other Tools: clear embossing powder (Filigree), English Ivy and Silver Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray (Tsukineko)

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful misting!

Geri said...

Hey Dana! Love this card! Awesome job 'splattering'!I have yet to master any kind of splatter technique...usually ends up looking like I dumped a whole mess of ink on the paper!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to offer your congrats! Much appreciated :)

Where from Manitoba is your husband from? Our daughter lives in Calgary so we are back and forth a fair bit (the 12 hour drive is torture though).

Geri, Dauphin
(Manitoba Stamper)

Sabrina said...

I love that the children are helping you! A great idea, and something they will love & remember! Great techniques!

Angela Fehr said...

Love this card - simple and quick and yet it has a great flair!