Fun Chalkboard Cards

For the past few months I've noticed what seems to be a comeback for the  Vintage Chalkboarding style and techniques for not only restaurants and the like, but in printing invitations, cards, brochures, and so much more. Of course the handmade card industry picked up on this and has come up with a few techniques to apply in cardmaking and scrapbooking.

This is mainly using stamping, inking, and colouring techniques and after Googling Chalkboard art, I was so very excited to experiment with some  techniques. I had so much fun with it, I just had to have a class at Scrapbook Parade to share this fun style and some of the techniques I discovered.



So hear are the 4 cards we'll be making in class in early February.






There is a large card on the left (5 1/2" x 8 1/2"). Often people like to give larger cards than usual for Valentines, so I thought it would be fun to make a larger card. Lets have a closer look at it.


I suppose it could even be used for a wedding or anniversary.

Next is a congratulatory card with stars.


I think this one is my favorite one of the four. Next is a Birthday card and my 2nd favorite.


And lastly, a chalkboard "Thank You" card.


I had such a blast with this style of card. I now want a bunch of stamps to take this style a step further. So, are you inspired to try out this technique/style? Have fun with it.

For those of you taking the class in February, at Scrapbook Parade, here in Victoria, the list of what you need to bring is at the very end of this post.

Thanks for stopping by everyone, and happy crafting!





 


Read the "what to bring to class list" carefully.

-paper trimmer
-scissors
-pencil
-ruler
-clear stamping blocks
-stamps that will work for this techniques based on these class samples and what you've researched online
-VersaMark ink pad
-ink/stamp cleaning stuff
-
stamping Anti-static pad
-ink blending tool
-coloured pencils & pencil sharpener (pencils must be sharp as we use them)
-dbl sided adhesive
-quick dry glue
-dimensionals (pop-dots) black & white
-white gel pen
-small black ink pad or a black marker
-small hole punch


 

No comments: