Christmas Ornaments


I can't believe it is now less than a month until Christmas! How are you all coming a long with your preparations? Me, well I'm behind schedule, but experience has taught me that somehow it all works out in the end.

Well, we've made Christmas cards galore, made a few Christmas tags, and now it's time to make some Christmas Ornaments.


These are not ornaments that haven't been seen or haven't been made before, but it's always fun to make more and use different papers. The paper used for these ornaments are from a 6 x 6 pad of Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage collection.

First I'd like to show you a series of photos that show the center ornament details. This is no ordinary ornament, as it is all folded up looking nearly like a cube hanging on the end of the ribbon. But when you pull the bead up on the ribbon it pops open and then you flip it and pull the bead down on the ribbon to keep the ornament open. So here goes.




It is so much fun! I played with this one several times before actually completing it with the gold Stickles. I added gold Stickles around the edges to match the ribbon I used, and I quite like it. So at this point it looks like a star.

The next one is a geodesic paper ball ornament. I added some snowflakes to the center ring of the ball, but it would probably be even more fun to add little triangle photos of family members in some of those triangles on the ball.


And the last one is a double ball ornament made with paper strips.


I didn't do much embellishing, because I want to encourage the participants in this class to do their own embellishing. I can hardly wait to see what they all come up with! I envision bows, large beads & pearls, glitter or more Stickles, lace, die cuts, fussy cutting, stamping, and more.

Everyone in class will get materials and supplies in their kits to make two of each ornament, but we'll only be making three in class; one of each.

From now one, I've decided to include a list of things that need to be brought to class as per a few requests. The list will always be posted after my blog signature and is not the same as my ''Materials & Supplies'' used list that does occasionally follow my blog signatre. In the case that I need both of these lists to be on the blog post, the class list will be the last one.

So thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments. I so love reading what you all have to say.
Bye for now, and happy crafting!






Scrapbook Parade Class List

-scor pad (ScorPal or Martha Stewart)
-bone folder
-ruler
-pencil
-scissors
-quck dry glue
-wet cloth for wiping glue
-paper trimmer
-Stickles - anything that says Christmas to you
-paper piercer
-small hole punch (1/8") & regular hole punch (3/16") (a Big Bite has both of those)
-splat mat
-self-healing mat
 
-any 'Christmasy' embellishments you may wish to add