PTI MIM

It's been awhile since I've posted anything... Some wedding invitations are keeping me busy.

It's been awhile since I've played along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday over on Nichole's blog. The color challenges this week are sensational! Several gorgeous color palettes had me drooling since working with color on my own is my biggest struggle!


Since I had to come up with a simple Mother's Day card for a church group of young girls to recreate, I took the plunge on Fine Linen, Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft and Terracotta Tile.


Here is what I came up with:


I decided that the two-tone cameo was not to my liking and so I changed it to solid Kraft when making up the kits. Perhaps I prefer the two-tone, after all...  ;)

I did cheat and add a bit of green Copic to the leaves.


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Fine Linen, Aqua Mist, Rustic Cream
  • Patterned Paper: Distressed Dots
  • Stamps: Simply Jane, Delightful Dahlia
  • Ink: Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft, Terracotta Tile
  • Dies: Simply Jane, Ribbon Banners (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: G14 Copic, sewing machine/thread

9 comments:

Kristen :-) said...

Really Lovely. Delicate and soft - perfect for mother's day! Great color choices - they align well with your chosen stamps/embellies

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Lovely! I think your banner with the sentiment is absolutely perfect for this card and the dotted background gives it a more contemporary lift!

Sabrina said...

Lovely Dana! I think the girls will have fun asembling these cards for their Moms.A lot of work on your part; hope you enjoyed it though. I loved the colour combos too when I saw them a while back. xx

Lesley said...

Wow, this is wonderful!

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful! You didn't cheat with the Copics-just used a different medium for the green! Your kits look amazing-I foresee some very happy mothers this year!

Kim Heggins said...

So stunning and elegant!

Karen B. said...

The petina look on the cameo is quite nice, but the solid cameo is pretty too. Nice cards.

kasia c. said...

Beautiful Dana! I love the kraft cameos, but I REALLY like that two toned one. :)
Those must have taken forever to make, esp with the stitching and that fussy cut flower!

LEG Studios said...

Very pretty card! I'm sure all those mother's will appreciate all your hard work!