Caught Unawares

I'm very much in the mood for scrapbooking lately. So yesterday, when I made reference to a project I would be posting today, that is what I had in mind to do.

In going through my photos I came across one of my grandparents. It was a picture that one of my sisters had taken on a Christmas Eve many years ago. They have passed on since then, 10 and 7 years ago. So when I came across this rare photo of them cuddling, unaware of being observed and a photo being taken, I had to scrapbook it. I rarely saw (at least from what I can recall) the two of them show affection when others were around. And that makes this photo very special to me. Especially since in their last years I was too far away to visit, a student with little income. I couldn't even make it to either of the funerals. My Grandfather died when he was 90, and my Grandmother three years later at 94.

I wanted to make a special page for this photo, and this is what I came up with. I apologize for the pixilated image, I've been having problems with that lately.


I spent hours cutting up pages of designer paper, but it was worth it. Here are some close ups of the work on the page.




No stamping or Spellbinders, (whoops, I did use 2 Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant cuts behind photo added later 2-5-2012) just all hand cut with scissors (so everything else was cut with scissors or paper slicer), a lot of ink distressing, and Liquid Pearls and pearls.

So there you have it. I won't be posting for the rest of this week, unless I end up with more time that I thought, but I have commitments that will keep me from crafting this week. I'll be back as soon as possible though. Thank you for stopping by today! And have a great week!





1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

Your Liquid Pearl circle on this is amazing! It's great to see a pic of them!