Six For Six

Six Valentine cards for six grandchildren! For Christmas I made them each a different card, but this time, in the interest of ease and time, I did an assembly line card with slight variations.


In reorganizing my craftroom, I came across several leftover card kits from classes I had taught in 2010. Amongst them were three kits to create heart shaped cards. If I cut the white scalloped heart base at their fold (upper left of heart) and then cut each heart in half, I would have enough for six cards. You see when I taught this class, I borrowed Dana's Spellbinders Hearts and Scalloped Hearts. So since I no longer have access to those Heart dies, if I cut them in half, I would have enough for the cards.

Here are some close ups.


You can see that I stamped tiny little hearts, cut them out, and attached them where I wanted.


The cute little hedgehogs were coloured with Prismacolor pencils, cut out and popped up with dimensionals.


I don't know if you can see the popped up layers in this next photo, but here it is.


I had great fun making these cards for my grandchildren. I look forward to hearing what they have to say about their cards. :) After I put together the layers for each piece and began assembling the cards I started to get the feeling that the design I came up with was something I had seen from somewhere. Maybe, I didn't have such a great idea after all. Maybe in the back of my mind someone elses card came out as my idea. If this is someone elses design, I can't remember who and where to give you the credit. My appologies... I truly thought the idea was mine until I assembled them and seemed to recognise the layout somehow.

Hope that you too are having fun creating your Valentine cards. Happy crafting, and thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment. We love hearing from you.




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

SPELLBINDERS: Hearts, Scalloped Hearts, Labels Four
STAMPS:Hero Arts-Old Lettering woodblock, Hero Arts-February ClearDesign, Pennyblack-Tiny Wishes
INKS: Memento-Black Tuxedo, VersaFine-Vintage Sepia, Colorbox-Cranberry, Versa Color-White
EMBOSSING FOLDERS:
(forgot the name of the large dot folder- Dana's too)
Prismacolor Pencils

2 comments:

Rosietoes said...

these are delightful Sabrina and I'm sure your grandchildren will be thrilled to bits.

Edna x

Kerry Steger said...

Sabrina, these cards are just gorgeous!!!! I just love your colour combo and the way you have made each one unique just be varying them a little

Kerry
xo