Hopes Dashed

As time got closer to December 14th, I was on pins and needles, because all entrants for the Spellbinders DT call would find out if they made the first round and would enter the second. Even though I was a bit anxious at the same time I was hopeful of making it to the next round. When I saw in my inbox a message this morning, from Spellbinders, I hesitated to click on it. When I did, it was to find out that I hadn't make the first round, but was invited to try again next time. :(  I felt my bubble burst; I really wanted this. I guess so did everyone who didn't make it to the next round. But I will be there to try again next time!

But, now that means that I can post my project for you to see!  Here is the set I made; scrapbook page with matching card and card box (the card is too thick for an envelope) ;).


This is the very first time I made a scrapbook page of myself at a very young age. I had a lot of fun working out a scrapbook page specifically to use Spellbinders. Not that I hadn't used Spellbinders for scrapbooking pages before, but not as many kinds and layers as on this page. Here is the page on it's own.


The green and cream background shape I wished I had Grand Calibur for...I freehanded the shape on paper, cut out and used as a template to cut out of the papers chosen for this page. I think I did a rather good job on it.

And for a closer look at the card that I ended up choosing as the item for submission.


And, since this card wouldn't fit in an envelope I decided to make a matching card box for the card as follows.


For each item you can see that I had fun using Sepia Accents. They vary on the colour they become depending on the paper, but still have a sepia hue to them.

And here is a photo of the card in the box.


 Well, that's it for this project. The funny thing is, Spellbinders probably won`t have another call for a while, a year I guess, but I`m already trying to think of ideas that will improve my chances next time. Something more unique...original...that might be more what they`re looking for. Or maybe a more consistent style in my designs. Whatever the reason, I am determined to try again.

My thanks for stopping by in your busy schedule. Stop by again tomorrow for the posting for Colour Create Challenge 86! A great prize for the winner of that challenge, and the usual two weeks is extended due to the holidays, so you will have lots of time to participate.

Merry Christmas everyone!




TOOLS & MATERIALS 

SPELLBINDERS: Labels Fourteen, Fancy Tags Two, Fleur DeLis Accents,  & Fleur De Lis Borderbilities
Sepia Accents
White Liquid Pearls
Paper Piercer
White Gel Pen
Cream Shear Ribbon
KaiserKraft Pearl Brad
STAMPS: Flourishes-Life Lines, Yellow Bicycle-SWS-105 Baby Girl, Forever in Time-Alphabet (Dollar Giant store)
INK: Versa Magic Gingerbread, Versa Fine Vintage Sepia, & Mimento Rich Cocoa 

4 comments:

Marianne :) said...

This card is absolutely breathtaking! I am stunned that you weren't the grand prize winner. Beautiful!!

Sabrina said...

So kind of you to say, Marianne. Thank you.

Tigriswillreign said...

I think you should have chosen the scrapbook page... They probably get more cards than anything. Of course, ALL your projects are stunning!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my goodness ... this is one beautiful creation, your detailing is superb and I love your style!!!
Thank you for your DT submission to Our Creative Corner!!!