The Stamps of Life: Card Dud

Edited to add: View the fix-up here!

Our sponsor this month over at the Stamping Vacation blog is The Stamps of Life. The exciting part for me was that I had actually already heard of this company and owned some of their stamps. They're so fun!

I decided to create a card that would show off the versatility of the stamp set youare2kind, but ended up making a dud. So why post it? Maybe in the hopes of reminding myself not to repeat errors!


I tried to make this in the easiest way possible. I placed all the stamps on the card and then applied a large block to them so I could stamp them all at once. Now I was actually wary of not getting enough Versamark on the stamps, but it made no difference. Next time, I will SATURATE!! ;) Or the mistake could have been uneven/un-thorough pressure on the stamping block...


Here, you can see my unmanicured, brutally dried out cuticles how the card looks when it is closed... It had potential. I think I would've added some bling if the card hadn't been a lost cause...

Feel free to give advice!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select, Clear
  • Stamps: youare2kind (The Stamps of Life)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Pure Poppy
  • Die: Small Scalloped border
  • Other Tools: white and clear embossing powder (Filigree), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

No comments: