Series of Masculine Thank You Cards: Card 3

This was the 3rd masculine card I made for my coworker. I wasn't sure that this distress-y, roughened type card would suit her but she seemed okay with it.


A few creation details...

I drew the frame using a Copic Multiliner after measuring the corners with a pencil and ruler. Then I masked it off using Post-it Notes and used the small grid pattern stamp from the Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger set. The bulk in the center contributed to the un-stamped spots of the frame but I thought it added to the rugged masculinity of the card.

The spiral notebook die-cut was stamped with the order form from It's Official. I roughened the edges a bit with my Tim Holtz Paper Distresser tool and then bent the corners up a bit. The sentiments are from the same stamp set.

I was going to add colored staples rather than these office-variety ones, but I kept having stapler malfunctions and I decided that the colors really didn't go well.


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone
  • Patterned Paper (envelope liner): Bitty Box Basics
  • Stamps: Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger, It's Official
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Red Magic (VersaMagic), London Fog (Memento)
  • Dies: Spiral Notebook Page, A2 Envelope Liner
  • Other Tools: staples, Paper Distresser (Tim Holtz)

No comments: