Card Patterns Sketch 85 & Color Cue {9} Challenges - Sabrina

I'm having more fun!  Fun with challenges. In this post I'm combining the two challenges of CPS 85 with Color Cue {9}. The thing about challenges, I find, is that it is hard to know which of your ideas to use in creating your entry. Which would be the best one to use; the one that could possibly lead to the win?
When I see pink and white with either black or gray, I think of love and weddings. I chose to go with the gray, a dark gray, rather than the black. The white layer is popped up, as is the pink centered heart. The one thing that doesn't show up well on these photos is the fine line circle of the stamp that I covered with Star Dust Stickles for some glitter and sparkle. I was so happy with the perfect application of the fine lined circle with even thickness, and you can't even see it.
Initially, I had not planned to add the jewels in the four corners or add the rhinestone flourishes. I had considered Cuttlebug embossing for texture, but remembered how some talented designers are very CAS in their creations resulting in a very stunning look. I wanted to try to do that. However, there seemed to be something lacking and I ended up using the jewels in the corners and the flourishes. I was almost wishing that I had used different ribbon so that I could make a beautiful bow. But, alas, I had already applied the ribbon as shown and I wanted to make a mailable card since I so rarely do that. I think my creative mojo was a little off today.

TOOLS AND MATERIALS

PAPER - Unknown dark gray, PTI Sweet Blush, & Stampers Select
STAMP - American Crafts Stamp - Wedding Collection
INK - Memento London Fog
Ribbon
Rhinestones and jeweled flourishes
Star Dust Stickles

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative! Cool take on this week's sketch. Thanks for joining in with Card Patterns,
Anthea.

Jinny Newlin said...

Beautiful take on both challenge, Sabrina! I LOVE your bling!

Elise said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous and MORE blingy, be-jeweled gorgeousness here, Sabrina! What powerful and memorable use of the Color Cue palette! So sorry it took me so long to get by: I would have hated to miss this fine piece of paper-craft deliciousness! Yipee! Hope you'll join our latest challenge - it's EVEN more colorful! :o)

Dawn said...

You can never have too much bling! Beautiful job!

Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

Kerrianne said...

Love the jewels and the ribbons - beautiful card! :)